Wednesday, February 10, 2010

5 down and 35 to go!!

Created 1/8/2010

5 week Bump Picture.



You might could say I am showing but really that is just the left over from the first pregnancy. I am still hanging on to 4 pounds of baby weight! I thought I would lose it all before we tried for a second, but I was afraid we would never have a second if I stuck to my guns on that. HeHe! Also you will notice a HUGE mess in the background. I am standing in the future nursery. This is the condition it is in right now. I will take all of my pictures in there so that you can watch the progress.

How Baby is growing:

Average length is 1.5 - 2.5 mm. At this point, he's about the size of a Apple seed, and he looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. It is now possible to differentiate between the head and the tail of your baby. By the end of the week that folic acid will be paying off as the neural folds begin to fuse. The neural tube — from which your baby's brain, spinal cord, nerves, and backbone will sprout — is starting to develop in the top layer, called the ectoderm. This layer will also give rise to his skin, hair, nails, mammary and sweat glands, and tooth enamel.His heart and circulatory system begin to form in the middle layer, or mesoderm. (This week, in fact, his tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood.) The mesoderm will also form your baby's muscles, cartilage, bone, and subcutaneous (under skin) tissue.The third layer, or endoderm, will house his lungs, intestines, and rudimentary urinary system, as well as his thyroid, liver, and pancreas. In the meantime, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord, which deliver nourishment and oxygen to your baby, are already on the job. Apple Seed...
I called the doctor during my 5th week and scheduled my first appointment. It will be January 29th at 8:30 in the morning (I will be 8 weeks). We will have a sonar done and will be able to hear the heartbeat. If you are wanting to know when the Gendar Appt will be, most likely it will be 3/26/10 (at 16 weeks), if not then it will be 4/23/10 (20 weeks). I am assuming that he will want to see me every 4 weeks like he did last time. Maybe I can get him to do every 3 weeks, we will see. I am just pumped about getting to see our baby and hear the heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment