Wednesday, February 17, 2010

8 Down 32 To Go!

Created 1/29/2010

Today marks the End of my eighth week of pregnancy! It is already going by fast! This morning at 8:30 we had our First Prenatal Appointment. Dr. R gave us a GREAT report! He said I was measuring exactly on schedule for 8 weeks and that we show all the signs of having a healthy pregnancy. He also confirmed our due date of 9/10/10. We were able to have our first Ultrasound. Baby is measuring 1.77CM and had a heart beat of 158bpm. I chose this picture below b/c it shows the leg and feet rays that have developed and yes Baby is upside down!

How is baby Growing?

Your baby will be about 8-11 mm by the end of the week, the size of a Raspberry! The baby's hind brain is clearly visible. This week the baby's gonads will become either testes or ovaries. And spontaneous movement begins! Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. Bones and joints this week have many things going on. Elbows appear and the process of ossification (hardening of the bones) begins. There are a lot of things that we do know about life before birth. Raspberry...
How am I doing?

This week I am doing very well. Thanks to my Dearest friend Julie, I now have my morning sickness under control. I am back in the swing of things at home and at work! It is a good thing too....Taylor would look at me with sad eyes and tilted eyebrows and say in a desperate voice "Mommy Sick?" When I would reply "Yes" she would give me her one armed hugg, patt me on the back, kiss my cheak and run to play. She is such a wonderful comfortor. I just love her so much! Morris has been great through the sickness too! He has started getting up before me and putting the box of chocolate covered donuts (from the walmart baker) next to me in the bed, and taking a shower first. This way I get an extra 30 minutes of sleep and I don't have to move in order to eat! He is the BEST!

So here is my 8 week picture. Things are changing....pants are tighter and I am sore in lots of places, But I can confidently say I have not gained any weight! I would love to make it through the first trimester with out gaining anything. I am trying to eat healthier. More fresh fruit when I can! On another note....no we have not even STARTED on the room yet! Cleary! HeHe!



Stay tuned often, b/c the weeks are flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment