Wednesday, April 7, 2010

17 weeks Down and 23 to go!

4/2/2010
I can't believe 17 weeks are over! Time is really flying by! This week was pretty busy! I felt the baby move for the first time at the beginning of the week and s/he hasn't stopped since! We had swim lessons for Taylor everyday and I had my first Stella & Dot trunk show! So I processed orders for that most of the week. Friday was Good Friday and I had the day off, but that did not mean a day of rest for me. Taylor had the day off too! We spend the morning playing together and then MamaZan came and got us. We had mexican for lunch and then went shopping before going to a visitation for a dear friend's mom. After, we did a little more shopping and then went to swimming lessons and chick-fil-aPlay (that is what Taylor calls it). I am hoping that week 18 isn't quite as busy!

How is baby Growing?
While my week was busy, it wasn't quite as busy for the baby!
Your baby is forming brown fat deposits under his or her skin, by the end of pregnancy this will account for 2-6% of their total body weight. This will help them maintain their body temperature when they are born. The baby weighs in at about 5 ounces (142 grams). This means that the baby now weighs more than the placenta. No new structures have formed.
I know that it appears that we have made NO progress in the Nursery but really we have. The progress starts in the Attic. We are cleaning it out! there will be nothing left in there by the end of April. This will help us get started on the construction up there. My plan is to also find the Double bed that is in this room and get it out by the first week in May. That bed will go in Taylor's room as her big girl bed. Also we find out the Gender of our baby in less than a week so we will definitely be motivated by that!

17 Week Bump Picture:
See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. I don't see any progress on that room :) J/k! You will get it all done way before he/she gets here. I'm still thinking girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's definitely a belly! it's coming momma

    ReplyDelete