Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sweetness from Morris

*****UPDATE BELOW*****

Ok so I had my first preggo emotional breakdown last night/this morning. You know what kind of breakdown I am talking about? The kind where you get depressed and cry over the biggest small thing! Well my trigger was over a maternity top! I know! How stupid!? But this is the story. I found this top on babysteals.com months ago, before I got pregnant. So I didn't buy it. Well, now I want it really bad! So I emailed babysteals to find out what the brand was b/c I couldn't remember. They replied really quickly with the information and I went on a hunt for it. I found it on several websites but it was anywhere from $58 to $68. Morris and I are on a TIGHT budget so spending that kind of money on a maternity top was just not an option! Then I hit my big break! I found the top in Blue on clearance for $25. The website said they had 5 left. So I acted quickly and placed my order. I was pumped! Then...Here it comes! Last night I got an email from the website saying that "They no longer had the top and they apologize for not getting it off the website sooner. Was there another top I wanted? If not, they would just cancel the order." Can you feel my immediate devastation!? I emailed them back and asked if they had the top in any other color that they could send me. I am waiting for their reply to see if they will send me any shirt I want for that price. If not then I have to give up my dream shirt. Morris has tried desperately to console me over the situation. He knew how badly I wanted the shirt and was pretty proud of me for getting it at such a discount! But I told him over and over again that there was no way I could bring myself to pay full price for it. Until....

I got in the car this morning and found this:


I am not sure if you can read the note but it says "Even if they say they have to cancel your order, go ahead and get the shirt. Love you Morris" The $50 came from his secret stash of money!

Ok you can say AWWW at any time! Of course he laughed at me when I called to thank him....crying!

I have the best Man in the world!

*****UPDATE*****
Saturday Morris and I got home from running some errand with Taylor and I checked the mail like I always do. Well there was a large package stuffed in our mail box. I pulled it out only to discover it was my SHIRT! I took it inside and tore it open and they had sent me the shirt I ordered in Black. I can do black! I was so pumped and they only charged me the $25 that I thought I was spending on a Blue shirt! YEAH! I have already worn it! HeHe! I wore it Sunday night to go visit my Brother and Sister-in-law. I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet hubby!!! I understand the preggo breakdowns..I have them often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW i love it! totally understand the preggo breakdown. great job handling that, morris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that was so sweet! I seriosuly just teared up... man Cullen's in trouble when I'm pregnant b/c apparently I already get emotional over sweet little things like that! haha So glad it worked out in the end! Sounds like God just wanted to use that moment to show you how much your hubby really cares. :-)

    ReplyDelete